Hot Honey Salmon- Paleo
Key words: hot honey, salmon, air fryer, family meal, simple
In the summer the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. Luckily there are air friers and grills so you don’t have to heat your house and you can still enjoy a delicious meal, such as this Hot Honey Salmon. This is a meal that everyone in your family will love, goes good with and veggies you have on hand and is full of healthy fats and lots of flavor.
It has the perfect amount of spice, sweet, and salty flavor. The honey caramelizes when it is cooked and allows for a nice crispy layer on top of the salmon. It goes perfect with fresh summer veggies like asparagus and my potato salad recipe, or you can throw it on a fresh salad and enjoy outside on a warm day for lunch!
I prefer to make salmon in my air frier because I can keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t get too dry. However, if you are a pro with the grill or want to do it in your oven, it can be done any way you like!
1 pound wild caught salmon (feeds about 4)
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp sriracha
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
1/2 Tbsp tahini
1 tsp garlic powder
Anything But the Bagel Seasoning
Salt and pepper
1. Cut salmon into filets that fit best for your cooking method- for the air frier this is typically just into individual filets. For the grill or oven you can skip this step
2. Mix honey, Sriracha, coconut aminos, tahini, garlic, salt and pepper into small bowl.
3. Brush on mix from step 2 onto salmon. Don’t be afraid to generously coat the salmon.
4. Sprinkle Anything But the Bagel seasoning on top of coated salmon.
5. Cook salmon in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes on 350 depending on thickness of fillets. If you are grilling, cook salmon on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes.