Meaty Potato Salad- Whole30, Paleo
Key words: potato salad, side dish, Whole30, Paleo, dairy free
Many of you liked my dairy free potato salad recipe, so here is a new spin for all you meat lovers! I am adding an unconventional and maybe controversial component: beef jerky. Potato salad often times has bacon, but this Steakhouse Beef Jerky from Brooklyn Biltong was too hard to pass up for this recipe!
This jerky adds not only a meaty flavor, but a traditional "steakhouse" flavor that really adds a pop. This will go great with any steak, ribs, pork, burgers, wings or whatever you are cooking up for your next BBQ! Brooklyn Bilton is a Whole30 Approved Partner and is completely free of and sugar or nasty preservatives that often is in beef jerky. It is thin, chewy and the perfect mouthfeel for this potato salad.
While I am not an affiliate of this company, I have found so many ways to incorporate it into not only snack time, but also lots of recipes! This is me telling you again: don't be afraid to branch out from simple ingredients, you never know what you can make! Being in the kitchen, experimenting and trying new foods is my happy place. While I know not everyone loves the kitchen, we all love eating and that is something we can connect on!
2 medium russet potatoes
1/3 cup Brooklyn Biltong Steakhouse beef jerky
1/4 cup avocado mayo
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp chopped dill pickles
Salt and pepper
1. Wash and chop 2 russet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
2. Boil a medium pot of water and add potatoes. Cook until fork tender (about 20 minutes).
3. While potatoes are boiling combine the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk together
4. When potatoes are finished, drain water, add potatoes to your dressing, mix and let rest.
5. Serve right away or cover and place in the fridge to enjoy chilled.